Saturday, March 8, 2008

What Camera Do You Use?

I use a Canon EOS 30D. I took the out of focus Brussels Griffon with my EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM - most likely on manual focus.

The guy's hands are sharp. The poor puppy is soft. I only made five frames. All are soft.

I might have to start just shooting on auto-focus with my old eyes. And I was shooting with out my glasses on that day, too.

I think I need to wear the glasses, use the auto-focus and take a lot more than five frames.

Getting old is not for the faint of heart. Sigh.

(The other glass I have are the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM and a Extender EF 1.4x II. My flash is the Speedlite 420EX.)

3 comments:

Holly said...

I use a Canon Rebel XTI, usually on the P setting with auto focus. My eyesight isn't good enough to use the manual focus.

theCloth said...

I think it also has a lot to do with the focusing screens. In the old day(yes, I qualify) you had a choice of screens. It was a no-brainer with the split-focusing screen. My favorite was a micro-prism screen which in the center had little points of light to target. The new screens don't really help one to focus sharply.

We're old but not blind:)

Robin Sallie said...

When I was doing photography for a living I had a grid screen. My main problem when shooting is getting my horizon lines straight. So even two years ago I had a choice of screens. I wonder if I can get a replacement screen for the D30? It isn't quite a pro camera. I'll look in to it.