Saturday, January 5, 2008

Jan 5's photos

I was talking to Holly yesterday about f stops and thought I'd play today with them.

Well my house is too dark and my tripod missing in the last move, so this is all I have to offer.

I'll try again next week.

This was taken with the camera set on manual. My focus in on the middle of the center column. The f-stop at f4 and the shutter speed at 125. The front (right) column is soft.


This was taken with the camera set on manual. My focus in on the middle of the center column. The f-stop at f8 and the shutter speed at 30. The front (right) column is not quite as soft as it is in the first photo.


Have a look at these two websites to help you understand f-stops and focal lengths.

http://www.uscoles.com/fstop.htm

http://www.paragon-press.com/lens/lenchart.htm


Both are very helpful.

1 comment:

Holly said...

ooooo, I'm going to go take some more and document the info on the blog.

Hey Robin, how about a Tip A Day for the rest of your readership?