Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Ryan's visit

My son Ryan visited us for several days after Christmas. It was very nice having him here. Tayja and Red both adore him. I did not take a single photo or video while he was here. Bad me!

We did look at about 10,000 digital photos that I have taken and store on dvd's. Ryan, who was not impressed with my lack of an organized filing system, picked a few to have printed to hang in his apartment. Here are some of the photos he liked:




Caption: Stow fire fighters burned down a house as a training exercise on Thursday, August 16, 2001 on Darrow Road in Stow. Photographer: Robin Tinay Sallie





Caption: The Highland Square area of Akron had the a scary movie showing at the Highland on Saturday, March 10, 2001.

Photographer: Robin Tinay Sallie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin,

I too, have been neglect in my archiving duties. My approach has been to keep looking ahead and with not much concern about the work I did in the past.

The pictures I've cherished the most have been pictures of my daughters growing up. Those I kept:) I think because that I did those for myself. All the photojournalism was for others.

You give me too much credit. You had a lot of talent and deserved to get into the journalism game.

We've both grew up and moved on.

I am now a subscriber to your blog. I'll also put you on my blog list.

Have a good week,

-- Cloth

Holly said...

wow, some really interesting series photos of that fire.

makes you think about how important our volunteer and paid firefighters are doesn't it?