Friday, January 11, 2008

Photo Tip for today

If you shoot fish in an aquariums, clean the glass first - inside and out. Sigh.





Tech notes: I used a 70 - 200mm zoom lens set at 200mm. No flash. ISO was 3200. My f stop was f2.8. My shutter speed was 1/125 of a second. I used auto focus and set it on spot. My focus sensor was set in the middle. I picked one fish and panned the camera with the fish, shooting in short 3 to 4 frame bursts. The room and the fish tank lights were on. The tank, 20 gallons, has a dark blue metallic background. There is bubble wall in the back of the tank. I was sitting on Tayja's bed about five feet from the tank.

3 comments:

Holly said...

3200?????

Mine will only go to 1600.

Holly said...

love the crab, he's cute.

Robin Sallie said...

The high end cameras got from 50 to 3200.

I could have used 1600 but my shutter speed would have been too slow to stop a moving fish. I could not open my fstop any more that f2.8. I could also have added lights and gone to an even lower ISO.

The crab keeps trying to escape. Yesterday I found him in the filter.