Friday, January 18, 2008

Photo Tip for today

Taking photographs at night is a lot simpler to achieve then one might think. I took these with a hand held camera when I should have used a tripod.

Total darkness at night isn't necessarily the best time to actually do 'night shots'. These however where taken in total darkness.

Late dusk is usually an excellent time to take night shots, when there is just a bit of light left in the sky. Or if you are not lazy like me, before just before sunrise.

I personally think the most fun time to take night photos is when there is a full moon. A low-laying moon can create long shadows on cross-lit objects, whereas an overhead moon creates harsher, downward shadows.

Have a look at http://gorillasites.blogspot.com/ got ideas.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I missed a great opp tonight. Met a new young lady who wants to work with horses, so she got to clean stalls and groom tonight. As we were waiting in the parking lot, I looked up at the sky and there was a full moon behind clouds that would have been a fantastic photo, but I left my camera at home because it's so cold.

ah well I'm sure there will be more opportunities.